A website dedicated to a loving father, grandfather, and great-grandfather.
Upload your message to Stephen/Poppa here:
Happy Father's Day Dad. Thinking of you today and remembering the great Dad you were to us. Love and miss you always xxx - Delwyn Sent on the 6th September, 2020 Thinking of you today on Fathers Day with fond memories and lots of love. - Allan Sent on the 6th September, 2020 63 years ago today we were married. What an amazing marriage we had together - bringing up our 6 children, Thank you for being the best husband and father ever. Love you and miss you so much. Fondest love xxxxx - Alison. Sent on the 31st August, 2020 Eight years have gone by and you are still very much part of our memories. We miss you so much. Love you lots xxxxx - Delwyn Sent on the 25th April, 2020 I would love to have you here to experience lockdown with me. But then you are in a much better place. So looking forward to seeing you again. All my love. Xxxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 25th April, 2020 Never forgotten... lots of love to you Dad. - Allan Sent on the 25th April, 2020 Happy Birthday my darling. You are 83 today. A few days ago Lavinia and I went out to the cemetery and took some new flowers. The whole place looked beautiful. The roses were gorgeous and the perfume amazing. It is so well kept. Special thanks for all the happy memories we enjoyed together. Much love xxxxx - Alison Sent on the 13th November, 2019 Thought of you first thing this morning when I saw the date and realised it's your birthday. Thank you for good memories, for being a great Dad. - Allan Sent on the 13th November, 2019 Thinking of you today Dad - seven years gone and we still miss you so much. It's a busy time here as we get ready for Becky's wedding in two days. You would have been very proud of her and you would have loved Rory, the lovely man she is marrying. I'm sorry he never got to meet you and that you won't be here to celebrate with us. It will be a nice time to catch up with the family again. Love and miss you lots xxx - Delwyn Sent on the 25th April, 2019 Many people will be remembering their loved ones today in memorial services. I will be remembering the love of my life in a different way as we prepare for Becky’s wedding. It would have been such an added joy to have you here. However I will come to you. Looking forward to seeing you and departed loved ones again. Love you xxxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 25th April, 2019 Happy Birthday Dad... So grateful you made it into this world, married a wonderful woman and gave me the chance to be part of our loving family. Lots of love... - Allan Sent on the 13th November, 2018 Remembering you today on your birthday. Not that I need a special day to remember you.you are constantly in my thoughts and conversation. I love you so much. xxxxx - Alison Sent on the 13th November, 2018 Thoughts are with you today, Dad as they are many times through the year. With lots of love. - Allan Sent on the 2nd September, 2018 We often think of you dad. I often remember your cheeky humour. I loved the way you used to love my"on the edge" humour. Its one of the things we had in common. Delwyn misses you too as do our kids. You left us with wonderful memories to cherish... - Terry Koumakis Sent on the 27th May, 2018 Remembering you specially today my dearest, my soul mate. Six years have passed since that very eventful day when you passed into God's presence. You are still sadly missed. I tell folk about all the things you built for this village. Till we meet again. xxxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 25th April, 2018 Another Christmas has passed and we are into a new year. I wonder what it will bring. Our thoughts and prayers are constantly with Graeme and family as he battles cancer. Families are growing up. You would be very proud of them. I am very thankful we moved into this village. The population changes but there is a stability here. I would love to show you around. I miss you so much. Fondest love - Alison Sent on the 12th January, 2018 Lots of love wrapped up in fond memories and much respect... Happy Birthday Dad - Allan Sent on the 13th November, 2017 You would have been 81 today. Wendy and I remembered your birthday by going out to the Cemetry and taking some lovely bright flowers for you. The whole area looked fantastic with roses of all colours blooming profusely. Still miss you so much. Looking forward to meeting you again widen the Lord takes me home. Much love my darling.. Xxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 13th November, 2017 Happy Father's Day Dad. You are still very much missed and a day like this doesn't go by without many thoughts of you. Love you lots xxxx - Delwyn Sent on the 3rd September, 2017 Thinking of you on Fathers Day. Love as always. - Allan Sent on the 3rd September, 2017 My Darling you will be so thrilled to know that I have had Ruth staying with me the last three days. She is lovely and so easy to talk to. You always believed that she would get in touch with the family one day and always included her with our grandchildren. You believed when I wavered. I wish she could have met you. Perhaps she will one day. Thank you for being such a wonderful husband. Love you so much xxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 5th May, 2017 Five years have now passed since we sat around your bed at the Waipuna Hospice and said our final goodbyes. It still brings tears to my eyes to think about it, and I don't think the memory and sadness of that day will ever fade. We visited the cemetery today and put some nice new yellow flowers on your headstone - you always did like yellow! You are and will always be missed . Love you lots xxx - Delwyn Sent on the 25th April, 2017 Five years now since you passed away from us. You'll have been interested in all the comings and goings as the kids are starting to find their own ways in the world. Has made me think of the time I left home and how you and mum let me go and experience new things, but even then I always knew that you and mum would be there for me when I needed. I hope my own children will feel the same as they venture away from home. Thank you. With lots of love. - Allan Sent on the 25th April, 2017 Sunday was a special day as we celebrated your 80th birthday. It would have been wonderful to have had all the family meeting together in a hall and you as guest of honour at the head table. But sadly it wasn't to be. Instead Delwyn, Christy and I went to the Cemetry where the roses were blooming and looking gorgeous. We remembered you there and the huge impact you have had on all our lives. You were such a special husband and father and we all loved you so dearly and are so grateful to the Lord that you were in our lives. You will never be forgotten. Love you so much. xxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 16th November, 2016 On Sunday you would have turned 80 and I'm sure we would have been having a big party! Instead Mum, Christy and I visited the cemetery and put some nice bright yellow flowers on your headstone. It was beautiful at the cemetery because all the roses were out, must have been especially for you and celebrating your special day! We are missing you so much - not having you here has left a huge gap in our lives. Love you always xxx - Delwyn Sent on the 16th November, 2016 Happy Birthday Dad... Wish you were here to celebrate your 80th. With love. - Allan Sent on the 13th November, 2016 Fond thoughts of you yesterday as we celebrated Father's Day. Wish you were still here, but knowing you are in a far better place. Love you lots xxx - Delwyn Sent on the 5th September, 2016 Lavinia took me out to the Cemetry yesterday. She had some pretty flowers for Roy. The purple/lavender ones Wendy had arranged in April were still looking lovely. The weather was beautiful and a tui was singing loudly. Very peaceful. We talked at length about our wonderful husbands.You are missed so much. You would have been very proud of Becky on Saturday night as we celebrated her 21st. I know how much you loved our family and we all miss you so much. Am so grateful that I have the confidence we will meet again. Much love xxxxxxxx
- Alison Sent on the 1st September, 2016 Wendy, John, Alissa and I went to the cemetery yesterday. We took some very pretty purple/lavender flowers which Wendy arranged beautifully. It's a very quiet and peaceful place. Wendy brought around a special book she has made up of photos over the years. Very happy days- birthdays anniversaries etc. And then at the end those difficult months before you went home to be with the Lord. I do miss you so much. Thankyou so much for being the loving most wonderful husband and father. We will meet again one day. All my love. Xxxxxooo - Alison Sent on the 26th April, 2016 At the moment we are in Hawaii and went for a walk up Diamond Head. We took a poppy with us up to the top in memory of you. We still think of you often, and over here today was no exemption. The poppy and ANZAC Day will always have an extra special significance for us - the day you went to heaven. Can't wait to see you up there one day. Missing you still. Love you lots xxxxx - Delwyn Sent on the 25th April, 2016 Remembering the sad day you passed away 4 years ago but also the wonderful moments we shared up to that time. - Allan Sent on the 25th April, 2016 Happy birthday Dad. We visited the cemetery today and the roses looked spectacular - a beautiful display to celebrate your special day. I miss not having you here to have a birthday dinner, or cake, or making you marmalade - all the special memories of past birthdays. You will always be in my heart. Love you lots xxxxx - Delwyn Sent on the 13th November, 2015 Happy Birthday Dad... such an important day in all our lives when you were born. Your parents would be so proud of what you and our family have achieved. Missing you. Lots of love. - Allan, Christine and family Sent on the 13th November, 2015 Happy Birthday Darling! You would have been 79 today. We can't give you a cake but Delwyn and I are going up to the cemetery this afternoon so will leave you some nice flowers. Thinking of you can still bring tears to my eyes. I am so very grateful though for the years that we had together and the privilege of bringing up a great family with you. All my love xxxxoooo - Alison Sent on the 13th November, 2015 Happy Fathers Day Dad. As I drove home from church this morning, I was thinking about you and tears welled up in my eyes as I thought of how blessed I was to have had you as my father. You were the best in the world and I appreciate all you did for me and for the family. Miss you so much and love you forever xxx - Delwyn Sent on the 6th September, 2015 Remembering you with love on Fathers Day - Allan Sent on the 6th September, 2015 Another wedding anniversary today. Fifty eight years ago we both committed our lived to each other and what amazing years they have been. Have been thinking a lot about them today. Am so looking forward to seeing you again. What a wonderful and blessed hope we have as Christians. Love you so much for ever. xxxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 31st August, 2015 Hi Dad, Thank you for being such a great father-in-law to me and a wonderful Poppa to our kids. We think and talk of you often with gladness that we knew you. We all miss you very much. Till we meet again,
P.S. Thanks for doing a wonderful job in bringing up and being a wonderful father to Delwyn! - Terry Koumakis Sent on the 27th April, 2015 I love you and miss you so much Poppa xxxooo - Luke Sent on the 26th April, 2015 Poppa I miss you so much! 3 years ago on the 25th of April was such a hard day for us all to say goodbye. I love you so much! Xxxx
- Hannah Sent on the 26th April, 2015 Missing you still after 3 years, and always remembering those moments we shared. Thank you .... with love - Allan Sent on the 25th April, 2015 Another Anzac Day is here and we remember the day we said goodbye to you 3 years ago. We miss you so much - our lives have gone on but it's just not the same. We are doing our best to look after Mum for you - I know you would have liked that. Thank you for being a good husband to her, and a great father to us and grandfather to our kids. We have such fond memories that we will treasure forever. It's comforting to know that we will see you again one day. Love you lots xxx - Delwyn Sent on the 25th April, 2015 Anzac Day 2012 will be forever etched in my memory. It's the day we said goodbye and the day that ended our 54 year marriage. I never thought it would be like that. With all the heart problems you had I thought it would be that that would take you. certainly not motor neurone. The country is geared up for huge Anzac Day celebrations. While I appreciate what others have done on the battlefield my foremost memory will be of a loving, caring husband and father. Thankyou my darling. Xxxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 25th April, 2015 This is our third Christmas without you now and I was blest to share it with Allan, Christine, Ross, Dale and children. I think you would be very proud of your kids and grandkids. I have had a good year. Such a change from the constant medical appointments of previous years. I heard Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring played on the radio the other day. That brought back the ache for a while. I think of you often and thank God He gave me such a priceless gem of a husband for 54 years. All my love Alison xxxx
- Alison Sent on the 26th December, 2014 Happy Birthday Dad. Wish you were here so we could celebrate with you, but sure you are enjoying a party in Heaven! We still think of you often and miss you lots. Love you xxxx - Delwyn Sent on the 13th November, 2014 Happy Birthday Darling. I wonder what you will be doing today. Delwyn and I went out to the cemetery yesterday. She had grown some of the blue cornflowers that the motor neurone society had given out. It's wonderful to think that there is no disease in Heaven. Missing you and love you so much xxxxooo - Alison Sent on the 13th November, 2014 Happy Birthday Dad and lots of love from all of us. - Allan and family Sent on the 13th November, 2014 Thinking of you today on Father's Day and missing not being able to go and visit you and be with you on this day. Thanks for being a great Dad and Poppa, we all have such lovely memories of you. Love you lots xxx - Delwyn Sent on the 7th September, 2014 Remembering you on Fathers Day and appreciating your love as my Dad. With love. - Allan Sent on the 7th September, 2014 Tomorrow would be our 57th anniversary. After church Iwill be going out to Stephen and Carena's for lunch and after that Denise will take me to the cemetery. I am wondering if the cherry blossom that lines the path will be out. I read a touching little piece today. "Death leaves a heartache, No one can heal, Love leaves a memory No one can steal." God is good and I am blessed but nothing ever takes away the heartache. Miss you so much. My love always. Xxxxxooooo - Alison Sent on the 30th August, 2014 Remembering you with lots of love and appreciation for the life you shared with us all. And thank you again for the tools. Now I finally have a workbench again I am very excited to be able to use my vice. I am proud to say I inherited my vices from you. Love you lots. - Allan Sent on the 25th April, 2014 Hi Dad, We have been reading about heaven lately. It sounds amazing. There is the comfort that you are there worshipping Jesus with all your heart. There is no pain or suffering.
We still miss you though. Your impact on us is still felt. I don't think we will ever get over it until we see you again. We remembered you today, this day being 2 years since you were transferred to heaven Yet we think of you often and they are all good thoughts and they are happy memories. Thank you we are enjoying the wonderful family you left behind. Lots of love
- Terry Sent on the 25th April, 2014 Dearest Dad, Today is your anniversary and we reflect on the wonderful years we had with you and the love you shared so freely. We do miss you so much. Even so, your legacy does live on, as you now have a precious new, great grandson. We do wish you could be here to share our joy and to meet the little fellow. We know you would have been so proud and delighted to know he was using the crib and changing table you made. We hope and pray that like you, his Great Poppa, he will become a dedicated and humble, follower of God one day. We love you heaps Dad. xxx - Wendy, John and Alissa Sent on the 25th April, 2014 2 years ago today, heaven was blessed with your presence. As much as we are missing you here, I have no doubt you are absolutely loving living with Jesus. Love you forever, you have such a special place in my heart xxxx - Becky Sent on the 25th April, 2014 Two years ago you went to be with our Lord. This is a day that will always be firmly fixed in my memory and I am very thankful that all our children were there to say their goodbyes. It is fitting that this is a day of remembrance. I went to an Anzac service at the Centre. it was very inspirational. Have been to the cemetery with Delwyn, Terry and family this afternoon. We have shared many happy memories. Thankyou for them Darling. Still missing you so much. All my love xxxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 25th April, 2014 Missing you heaps! You have a very special place in my heart which no one else can fill!! Love you xo - Christy Sent on the 25th April, 2014 Even though today marks the anniversary of 2 years, you are still thought of and talked about frequently. I am reading a book about a man who went to heaven and throughout his description of what it was like, I couldn't help but think of you, healthy and whole, enjoying such a glorious place. Life goes on for us, but our memories are precious and will last forever. Love you lots xxxx - Delwyn Sent on the 25th April, 2014 We have now had our second Christmas without you. I still miss you so much and the empty house is something I guess I will never get used to. Still I am very blessed and had a wonderful day with our wonderful family. Thank you for being the great father that you were as we raised great kids together. Love you so much. xxxxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 26th December, 2013 Dad, we missed your company, lovely smile and warmth today, as we celebrated Christmas. It was comforting to draw on the very special memories, of our family times we had together. Love you Dad. - Wendy, John and Alissa Sent on the 25th December, 2013 Happy birthday Dad, Just letting you know you are still missed in so many ways. We miss your lovely smile, your words of encouragement, your expressions of gratitude and your loving acts of kindness. Dad, you were one of a kind. Thank you for being generous in so many ways. We love you heaps - xxxooo - Wendy, John and Alissa Sent on the 13th November, 2013 Special thoughts of you today as you would have celebrated your 77th birthday. Miss you so much xx - Delwyn Sent on the 13th November, 2013 Happy birthday Sweetheart! Delwyn and I went to the cemetery this morning. It looked absolutely beautiful. All the roses were out and they made a magnificent show. Delwyn had made your favourite carrot cake and brought me in a large piece. Lovely memories of our life together linger on and help ease the pain of parting. All my love xxxxxxxxx - Alison Sent on the 13th November, 2013 Remembering you on your birthday and the love you shared through your life. Missing you. - Allan, Chrsitine and family Sent on the 13th November, 2013 Dear Dad, Even though you are not with us this Father's Day, we still have our lovely memories of you and the wonderful times we shared together. Thank you for being such a great Father and Poppa. Love you heaps. xxxxxx - Wendy, John and Alissa Sent on the 1st September, 2013 Thinking of you lots today and missing you heaps. You were the best Dad ever, and nothing will ever take away the wonderful memories we have. Happy Father's Day. Love you lots xxx - Delwyn Sent on the 1st September, 2013 It's Fathers Day. Thank you for the fond memories of having you as my Dad. - Allan Sent on the 1st September, 2013 Happy anniversary. The inspiration from your marriage lives on in our lives today. We love you and miss you. xxxxx - Wendy, John and Alissa Sent on the 31st August, 2013 Have been thinking of you especially today. Lots of thoughts of wonderful times spent together. Miss you so much. All my love. xxxxx - Alison Sent on the 31st August, 2013 Thank you for those life times of memories that mean you are still such a big part of our lives. With lots of love. - Allan, Christine and family Sent on the 25th April, 2013 To dear Dad, this has been our day of "remembrance". We have remembered your beautiful face and smile, remembered your kind and gentle ways and remembered how much you blest us as a loving father and Poppa. We miss you so much Dad, but are comforted by knowing you are safe, at home, with your Lord. Love you heaps, xxxxxx - Wendy, John and Alissa Sent on the 25th April, 2013 Billy Graham wrote of his late wife, "Although I rejoice that her struggles with weakness and pain have all come to an end, I still feel as if a part of me has been ripped out, and I miss her far more than I ever could have imagined." I know how he feels. You were a part of my life for so long. I never imagined a life without you, without your love, your hugs, without your wisdom and ability to fix things, without that morning cup of tea and biscuit. I say with Billy Graham "I miss you far more than I could ever have imagined." But I am blest. I see you again in our wonderful children and I am comforted. Thankyou for everything. I love you so much. xxxxx - Alison Sent on the 25th April, 2013 Today on Anzac Day, many people in our country remember those who gave their lives for others. They were selfless and committed. I know you would shudder at the thought of being signified with those on Anzac Day but as I think of you since your passing there are so many similarities. You were selfless, committed... you were always keen to get the job done. You are missed Dad. That's understandable. But I do think about how you are having the time of your life in Heaven. I can hear you now... Saying "Keep the Faith... it's worth it!" - Terry Sent on the 25th April, 2013 To dear Dad, it's hard to believe that a whole year has passed since we said goodbye. Life has gone on, but it's not the same without you. We think of you often and even though our hearts hurt to have lost you, we know that you are in a far better place. Love you lots and remembering you today with special fondness xxx - Delwyn Sent on the 25th April, 2013 One year ago you went up to heaven. I hope you have enjoyed your year!
I love you - Sophie James Sent on the 25th April, 2013 We love and miss you soo much
xxx - James Family ( Graeme & Jen) Sent on the 12th April, 2013 I was looking through some photos and found one of me sitting on your lap with Laura and Tim, grinning. I have stuck to the frigde in loving memory of you. I love you so much xoxo - Sophie James Sent on the 12th April, 2013 Dearest Dad, We have missed you so much this year, but by the grace of God, we have made it through. Our wonderful memories of you, will continue to uphold us as we venture into 2013. We love you so much. xxx ooo - Wendy, John and Alissa Sent on the 31st December, 2012 To my dear father-in-law, Dad, I think of you often... how you would react in a situation ( or not react)... You are so admired by all our family. Your impact wasn't truly realised until you were gone. Now in heaven you can eat as much cake and cream as you like! Happy birthday . I love you - Terry Sent on the 13th November, 2012 To my precious Father - You are loved every minute, missed every day and treasured forever. Happy Birthday Dad. All my love xxx ooo - Wendy Sent on the 13th November, 2012 Happy birthday Poppa, I Love you. You rock. You're the best Poppa. I miss you Lots of love - Luke Sent on the 13th November, 2012 Happy Birthday Poppa. I hope you are having a great birthday up in heaven, Miss you heaps xxx - Hannah Sent on the 13th November, 2012 76 years ago today you were born and for nearly 60 years of your life we have loved and lived for each other. Nearly 55 years married and still in love. Darling I miss you so much. Till we meet again where all pain ceases. Your loving wife Alison. Xxxxxxxxx
Death ends a life but not a relationship. - Alison JAMES Sent on the 13th November, 2012 Thinking of you today on your birthday Dad, we miss you lots. - Allan Sent on the 13th November, 2012 Happy birthday Dad. It's going to be strange not to have you here to celebrate like we have always done. I'm sure the cake in heaven is amazing though! Love you and miss you so much xoxox - Delwyn Sent on the 13th November, 2012 I miss you so much. I love you lots. Lots of love,
- LUKE Sent on the 10th September, 2012 Darling today would have been our 55th wedding anniversary . How I wish you could have been here to celebrate it. I miss you so much. All my love, Alison xxxxx - Alison Sent on the 31st August, 2012 Dear Poppa, I love you heaps. Thank you for giving us so many amazing memories! - Christy Sent on the 27th June, 2012 I love you and I miss you. Thank you for building me awesome things! - LUKE Sent on the 27th June, 2012 When I think of you I think of you and Alison and my Dad sitting in the lounge of our house laughing and joking and talking about plans for running our youth group. That youth group had a huge impact on my life - I was at a point where I could have gone "off the rails" (is that a pun?) but thanks to yours and Alisons committment and the Bycrofts - I have some great memories. Thank you for the life you lived. - Adam and Heather Bruce Sent on the 4th June, 2012 Thank you for being the best Poppa ever! I love you and miss you heaps. - Hannah Sent on the 19th May, 2012 You are greatly missed dear Poppa. Thank you for being so wonderful, loving, the best you could possibly be! We all love you and miss you tons xx - Becky Sent on the 16th May, 2012 Love you so much darling. Thankyou for being such a wonderful husband and father. Miss you so much! Xxxx - Alison Sent on the 10th May, 2012 Dear Dad, Thanks for being a great father. We are all missing you. With love. - Bruce James Sent on the 7th May, 2012 With love and prayers for all members of this very special family. We still think of Steve's 'can do' approach to life. An arm came off an artist's wooden puppet that was held together with springs. We only thought of Steve as the possible 'doctor' for the puppet. Sure enough he found a way to stretch those springs inside the puppet's arm until it was successfully repaired. This is just one example of this remarkable man's patience and ingenuity: thank you , Steve, for sharing your talents so helpfully. - Tony and Sheila Little Sent on the 3rd May, 2012 I love you so much poppa and you will never be forgotten
you are one in a million<3 - Laura Sent on the 2nd May, 2012 Steve, a good Friend, and a true Christian Gentleman, one who could turn his hand to anything, and who is sadly missed. We used to be able to set our clock for morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea when Steve often walked by our home. Our LOVE to Alison and Family.
- Ann & Kel Raine Sent on the 1st May, 2012 Dear Dad, Everyone of us who knew you spoke well of you. I loved your sense of humour, the twinkle in your eyes when you laughed and the way your just got on and got the job done.
Your wonderful example of a loving father, husband and friend will stay with us always. We love you very much - Terry Koumakis
- Terry Koumakis Sent on the 28th April, 2012 To my dear Dad - I am so thankful for you and for the precious memories I have of our years together. Thank you for being who you were. I am so proud of you, and proud to be your daughter. Love you lots and missing you already xx - Delwyn Koumakis Sent on the 27th April, 2012 Thank you Steve, for being a true friend. We will always treasure your friendship. You will remain forever in our hearts. The times spent in your workshop, in Thames, will never be forgotten. - Bob & Anne Sharman, Hastings Sent on the 27th April, 2012 We love you Poppa! - (Allan) James Kids Sent on the 25th April, 2012 Thank you for being a loving and supportive father and grandfather to our kids. I've always looked up to you and appreciated your solid example of being a good person. - Allan James Sent on the 24th April, 2012